[NetEpic ML] imp. vehicles

From: Carsten Schuett <bonesucker69_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:24:18 CET

Greetings!

I'm new to this list.

It always annoys me that armoured vehicles can easily be destroyed
by infantry equiped with Bolters, shotguns,etc.

In order to make them more resistant I invented a savingthrow based
resistance value.
This value can be determined by subtracting the basic save from 7.
example Leman Russ: save 3+/ resistance value 7-3=4
If a shot penetrates the armour you need to roll equal or higher
than the resitance value. Save modifiers are added to your roll.
example Devastator Marines firing at Leman Russ - penatrating armour
need at least a roll of 3 / 1(save mod.)+D6 >=4 / to destroy the
tank.
The more potent a weapon is in penetrating armour, the more it is capable of
destroying the target.

What do you think about that rule?
(sorry for any mistakes - I'm german)