[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:40:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warprat" <warprat_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 6:25 PM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

> More $.02!
>
> > 3.Quake cannon-overpriced, by a lot, only one shot and the
> > volcano is a lot better, I'd say its not worth more than 50
> > points
> > >disagree for you can take out a building with one shot, and
> > -3 or -4 on 1D6 not much of a differance still going to much
> > damage I say 100pts for if you check out the Knights with
> > this gun they are at 130pts each and no one is crying bout
> > that.
> > >rules are fine
> >
> > Theability to destroy buildings in my experience is a little
> > used one since titans have better things to shoot at. While
> > 50 may be too low, I definatley feel its 75 point weapon,
> > never more than that.
>

> I recently put the building destruction tactic to the test. I armed a
> Reaver with 2 of these. In three turns of firing, I never knocked
> anything down. My Reaver died shortly after firing on the third turn.
> I did not shed a tear, rather, I celebated it's loss!
> I've been playing this a long time and can't say how many times I've lost
troops to a Quake cannon shotting the building out from under me, but don't
just look at that look at all, what bout Ork players is this fair to make
strong weapons so cheap just so pepole play them no! What bout Eldar is it
fair to blast his Titan with such a strong weapon and if unlucky on die roll
lose his Titan to a 75pt weapon, I think I'd cry if I lost my Phantom to 3
Quakes for 225 in weapons. I just say to Imp players be fair to all.

> Yes, this weapon has the potential to knock buildings down. But it's
> not worth 100pts. I want to say 50pts., but could settle for 75pts.
>

> > 17.warp missile, same here as above
> > >up pts to 400 for this is alway a Titan killer, and as such
> > shuold cost as much. This will limit to game size as should
> > be
> > >leave rules as is
> >
> > this might be the way to go, make them insanely expensive
> > and that will limit them pretty much.
>

> Please don't make this weapon so expensive, no one will use it. If your
> going to do that, then let's just get rid of it. This weapon is common,
> has a lot of history, and is one of the things that makes Epic fun. It
> really adds a lot of "Flavor" to the game. My vote is for just reducing
> the warhead. Please, let's not go too far, on this one!
>
> This would not be going to far just, limiting to game size. See this
weapon is suppose to be rare and I hate to say it but when I play Imp guards
or Tech guards I almost always see one on Titan and one in a death strike
this is not rare. If they cost 400 pts each, Then you would only see one per
3000 pts, for if you are silly to waste 800pts in a 3000pt game. I just feel
this weapon is just as rare as a Titan and to reflect this it should cost
just as much too. This is not bad for an auto hit on Titan.

> > 22.Corvus, too expensive unless the termies are included,
> > I'm okay with leaving the cost if termies are included.
> > > ok now I know your on crack LOL it cost 350 pts for drop
> > pods and you have to give up your rihnos, you don't get an
> > extra die in close combat, and after all these are termies
> > +4-+6 CAF already. Protected by void sheilds, if Titan goes
> > down they get to roll there fixed save. Come on up points
> > 250
> > > change rule for arm pod and let termies be deployed on
> > ground also.
> >
> > hehe, actually the cost of a termie company at 350, the
> > price is mostly from the landraiders (about 100 each) thus
> > leaving the price at 150. but I can live with 200 if you
> > can.
>
> Termies do not save if the titan/pod is destroyed, check the rules.
> If the termies can unload on the ground, I'd agree with 150pts. If not,
> then this weapon has a very limited role, and should only cost 100pts.
> Of course, the Termies are free. You give up a good arm weapon to get
> them.
> Well a glitch in the rules, anything that has a fixed save always get to
try and save, if Temmies are in vehicle and it is destroyed they still get
fixed 6+ save. Any weapon they are hit by it is a 6+ save, and so it should
be written in the pod if destroyed Termmies get 6+ save.
> Terminator detachment 350pts.
> Landraider detachment -250pts.
> Terminator Total 100pts.
> HHHmmm are you taking into consideration that I said let them be able to
deploy onto the ground. That they are being carried across battlefeild
protected by void sheilds. That when deployed they get to roll 3 dice in
close combat, say bye bye to your squad they meet.