[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 08:15:56 +1000

At 12:45 PM 3/7/00 +0100, Nils wrote:
>Good point!
>
>I use 2 rocket launchers on one of my warhound titans, I've found that this
>is much better than spending points on two Whirlwind detachments....
>However, I would really like to se that they get a -1 armour save
>modifier... or perhaps a large (13cm) template????

Seems like this is a bit of a thorny issue. I agree that we really don't
want to make this too powerful a weapon, but as it stands, its not a very
good weapon compared to the other long-range weapons available. I really
don't see that increasing the TSM to -1 would be a huge unbalancer, but
some people are against it.

How's about this: let the weapon fire in an "open-sheaf" or "closed-sheaf"
mode. In "open-sheaf" it fires the missiles in a open pattern, thus
affecting a wide area at the sacrifice of penetrating power. In this mode
it uses the large template, has 8BPs (6BPs?) and no save mod. In
"closed-sheaf" mode the missiles are more tightly packed on inpact, thus
increasing pentration. In this mode it uses the normal template, has 8BPs
and a -1 (-2?) save mod.

This way I think it could easily be worth 60 to 100 points and gain back
some of its former glory.

I'd certainly use it.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!