[NetEpic ML] Re: Heresy Summary

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:07:44 -0800

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
> >Suppression
> >
> >1-2 chits, -1 to accuracy and assault value, no penalty to morale to
remove
> >chits
> >3-4 chits, -2 to accuracy and assault value, -1 to morale to remove the
> >chits
> >5+ chits, -3 to accuracy and assault value, -2 to morale to remove the
> >chits
> >
> >This adds more tactics to the game as you will bombard a well defended
> >position and then assault. Also it gives areason to go for MORE
suppression

> Sounds very good.

Big fan of suppression. This seems a bit close to E40K however... Hell,
might as well call them Blast Markers ;) It looks ok on first glance
though - did you alter how target's gain suppression counters?

> >All titan weapons add d3 counters or suppression
> >All artillery add one chit per 2 BP of the attack, meaning a converging
> >attack will cause lots more suppression than an open sheaf attack.
>
> Do titan guns add 1d3 EXTRA or 1d3 in total (Instead of normal
> suppression)??

Uh oh, random suppression markers...don't like this much. Especially since
while it makes sense for some weapons, but not others. By the logic of D3
for something like an volcano cannon why do rapid fire weapons like
lasblasters have the same? Rocket launchers? Why would this suppression
affect both infantry and vehicles the same? It causes more consistency
problems then it is worth IMHO. Keep the standard suppression system and try
to avoid random determinination.

The less important mechanics like suppression come down to the random roll
of the dice the better.

> >I will increase the suppression of anti-infantry weapons versus armored
> >units back to 1/2 total value
>
> Good.

Ugh! I thought we already decided on the original system for a reason? A
machine gun will NOT suppress a tank - I don't care HOW many rounds you fire
at the thing. Unless RPGs or other rockets are flying a tank will not be
suppressed by infantry.

I say keep the currect rules unless they are PROVED to be broken - not
changed for changes sake.

> >Weapons
> >
> >Infantry with anti-infantry weapons may attack armored units within their
> >SHORT range and penetrate on a 9+.
>
> Very good

Hmm. Perhaps make it a CORE rule that any roll fo 10 auto penetrates and any
roll of 1 never does? I'd rather not start adding in funky exceptions if we
don't absolutely HAVE to.

> >Anything else to add?

If it's not broke don't "fix" it until it is.

Ken
There's a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it's not about who's
got the most bullets, it's about who controls the information. What we see
and hear, how we work, what we think, it's all about the information!
     Cosmo, 'Sneakers'