[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:57:10 +1000

At 10:24 AM 3/9/00 -0500, you wrote:

>>> My vote, Shotgun mode: 100cm range, large template, 6BP, 0 TSM
>>> Penetration mode: 125cm range, barrage template, 8BP, -1 TSM
>>

> I would live with this if they only shot the stronger barrage at a shorter
> distance like 75cm

I have to ask why? They are the same missiles, just fired in a different
pattern. And from an rules point of view, this just makes thing unecessarily
complicated. It gives two different ranges to have to remember for the same
weapon. It is easier to just keep both shots at 100cm. The Penetration shot
is not much more powerful than Shotgun shot at all. Remember that the
Penetration shot only uses the normal barrage template and in my experience,
you can't fit more than one or two vehicles under it (if you can get more, then
your opponent is far too bunched up and deserves all you give them). The
Shotgun's large area is mitigated by the fact that it has a lower to hit number
and no TSM.

I think this weapon is very well balanced.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."