[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:39:01 -0800

Hi Kelvin!

I agree, this is a "super sweet" little weapon, and I like it a lot.
After going through my titan bits, I discovered that I had 2 of these
little gems!

Multiple Rocket Launcher:

Shotgun mode: 100cm range, large template, 6BP, 0 TSM
Penetration mode: 100cm range, barrage template, 8BP, -1 TSM

(snip)
>It is easier to just keep both shots at 100cm. The Penetration shot
>Penetration shot only uses the normal barrage template and in my >experience, you can't fit more than one or two vehicles under it (if >you can get more, then your opponent is far too bunched up and deserves >all you give them). The Shotgun's large area is mitigated by the fact >that it has a lower to hit numberand no TSM.

>I think this weapon is very well balanced.

> -Kelvin....
(snip)

Watch out Dread Wolves! The Penetrator mode will be, just right, for
destroying bunched up Drop Pods. And the Shotgun mode, usefull for
thinning large concentrations of screaming Blood Claws. Now, how can I
kill that, always has nine lives, Wolf Priest? Hmmmmm....

Kelvin, what do you think about the Barrage Missile Launcher?

For starters, I'd like to rename this to "Barrage Plasma Launcher".
When I think of "missiles", this does not include blobs of super heated
plasma.

The thing, that I hate most about this weapon, is the 1 + 1d6 barrage
templates. That 1d6 is a real gamble. I mean 2-7, come on! Plus the
scatter to begin with! Jeeese! All templates have to touch two others?
You might not even get close to your intended target.

This IS a one shot weapon. How about making it 3 + 1d3, and eliminating
the "all templates must touch two previous templates"? Roll for
scatter, then place each template next to at least ONE other.

OK, that's my idea. I hope I'm not being a "Sniveling, whining, little
snot nosed complainer". ;)

What does everyone else think? ;)

Warprat ;)