[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:25:33 +1000

Hey Warprat!

>I agree, this is a "super sweet" little weapon, and I like it a lot.
>After going through my titan bits, I discovered that I had 2 of these
>little gems!

If you have the old Metal Ones too, they look even sweeter. I love my
reaver that has 3 of the buggers.

>Multiple Rocket Launcher:
>
>Shotgun mode: 100cm range, large template, 6BP, 0 TSM
>Penetration mode: 100cm range, barrage template, 8BP, -1 TSM
>
>(snip)
>Watch out Dread Wolves! The Penetrator mode will be, just right, for
>destroying bunched up Drop Pods. And the Shotgun mode, usefull for
>thinning large concentrations of screaming Blood Claws. Now, how can I
>kill that, always has nine lives, Wolf Priest? Hmmmmm....

Well, the Cheese Wolves are just getting what they deserve if you ask me ;-).

>Kelvin, what do you think about the Barrage Missile Launcher?
>
>For starters, I'd like to rename this to "Barrage Plasma Launcher".
>When I think of "missiles", this does not include blobs of super heated
>plasma.

Well, it doesn't actually fire Plasma, but Plasma MISSILES that detonate on
impact and release large plasma blasts. I'm fine with the name as is.

>The thing, that I hate most about this weapon, is the 1 + 1d6 barrage
>templates. That 1d6 is a real gamble. I mean 2-7, come on! Plus the
>scatter to begin with! Jeeese! All templates have to touch two others?
>You might not even get close to your intended target.

The 'all templates must touch two others' was a NetEpic refinement to avoid
certain cheesy situations of hitting targets you could not see and because
people felt that it was a weapon that should fire in a grouping and not in
a line (as could be done under the original rules). And the Random
templates was a GW thing that just got translated straight over.

>This IS a one shot weapon. How about making it 3 + 1d3, and eliminating
>the "all templates must touch two previous templates"? Roll for
>scatter, then place each template next to at least ONE other.

See Above.

>OK, that's my idea. I hope I'm not being a "Sniveling, whining, little
>snot nosed complainer". ;)

Well, we'll forgive you just this once..... ;-)

>What does everyone else think? ;)

I don't have many problems with this weapon the way it stands. Its an all
or nothing gamble and I guess I'm used to them as I play Orks alot.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."