[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

From: Travis Smart <Hikaru_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 02:27:39 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 7:47 PM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Titan revision: Eldar

> Hi!
>
> Moving along we'll now cover the eldar.
>
> Rember the newer rules where the holofield protection extends versus
> barrages too.
>
> Hulls
> Phantom 300, probaly needs to be 350 now at least
> Warlock 400, probaly needs to be 450 now at least

I disagree with both of these. The eldar titans are extremely vulnerable to
barrage.Upping the price would be unbalancing,too expensive.

> Weapons
> D-cannon 125, having used this, I think it should be pumped up to 150

yes,but get rid of the "first fire only" aspect of the weapon. No sane eldar
player will have a titan on first fire,and the idea of a eldar weapon that
*requires* the user to stand still is against every bit of fluff on the
eldar that exists.

> Heat lance 50, nice but short ranged
> Powerfist, 50 points
> Psycannon, 75 points
> Pulsar, 150 points
> Tremor cannon, 85 points
> Flamewind AA 50 points

too expensive for one shot. make it 50-60,but 2 shots.

> Las cannon wing 75
> Missile launcher wing 25 points

Trav
hikaru_at_...
 "Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire,it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
 George Washington