[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

From: Travis Smart <Hikaru_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:07:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2000 1:55 AM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

> Hi Travis!

Hi again!

> You know, after thinking about it, I believe I understand why the Eldar
> Titans do not have more hand to hand weapons.

*snip summary of close in weapons systems for titans VS infantry*

> So, how do we fix these problems?
>
> 1) Allow the Titan Defense System to be "turned Off" when the titan
> moves, then "turned back on", during the End Phase. Allow combat to
> revert to "Normal Close Combat" , as the titan player wishes. This will
> sometimes expose the titan to swarms of infantry, so it will only be
> used when the titan wishes to beat on a couple of wimpy troops or
> vehicles.

with only a one in six chance of beating me,Im never turnin off my infantry
countermeasures.Infantry isnt the problem,its eldar titans VS
superheavies/praetorians/knights/other titans.

> 2) Develop Eldar Titan prototype hand to hand weapons, that can be
> playtested. Include these in an Alternate Rules section, right below
> the weapons available now. Next revision, or when public outcry
> demands, the new hand to hand weapons can be finalized, and voted on.

My personal choice.

> What does everyone else think?

Another option,if you consider infantry a serious threat to titans,would be
to introduce a "stomp" attack: Used in the movement phase,any infantry model
the base passes over is destroyed unless it can make a dodge save on a 4+. I
dont see infantry as all that bad (its what I have jetbikes and scorpions
for : ) ,but it seems like a reasonable ability for a titan to have.But it
would have to be not just eldar,but all titans in order to be fair.

> Warprat

Good to hear from you again...

Trav
hikaru_at_...
 "Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire,it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
 George Washington