[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 11:46:46 -0800

Hi Travis!

Well I guess I confused people a little. Of the two issues I wrote
about, the first applies to all titans. I'll try to explain again.

Let's say that you are fighting an army with NO titans. "NO TITANS",
you scream in horror! Yes, can you believe it? Some people don't take
them. Maybe, they want to surprise you. Maybe, they just don't like
them.

So what's a good Reaver Titan to do? When armed with a Chain Fist,
Volcano Cannon, and Warp Missile?

Under the "Old Rules", this titan would still be able to trash these
pipsqueeks pretty good. With the new rules, all you can do is throw
your Electrohulled Hull at them, and hope you shock them all. The Chain
Fist? Forget it, doesn't even count.

And, lets say your fighting Beastmen or some of the many other +3
infantry. Hoping, to damage them with the body of your titan. Miss a
couple of them, and your down for the count.

The mighty titan, able to battle greater deamons, titans and
praetorians, knock down buildings with a single blow, screams with
IMPOTENCE, at the sight of a lowly Beastman stand.

"Hey little Beastman unit down there." "Don't be afraid of my size, or
the big horrible Chain Fist, I carry." "I can't hurt you with it, you
know." "All I can do is throw my Electrified Hull at you, and hope you
get shocked by it."

Warprat ;)

Travis Smart wrote:

(snip) (Warprat)
> > 1) Allow the Titan Defense System to be "turned Off" when the titan
> > moves, then "turned back on", during the End Phase. Allow combat to
> > revert to "Normal Close Combat" , as the titan player wishes. This will
> > sometimes expose the titan to swarms of infantry, so it will only be
> > used when the titan wishes to beat on a couple of wimpy troops or
> > vehicles.
(snip) (Warprat)