[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Decision, decisions,what to do with the revision?

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:43:53 -0600

Hi!

> Well, in my sleep-deprived state, I just came up with option 3:
>
> Let the Holofields give their save against barrages, but unlike
direct-fire
> weapons, this save is subject to the barrage's save modifier. This way,
> the Titan gets SOME protection from barrages, but doesn't become too
immune
> to them. Simple, uses the mechanic that is already in use and should be
> fairly effective. How's that sound?

This one is really good. They are STILL vulnerable to barrages, but not
pathetically so. Also the faster the titan moves the harder it is to hit
even from barrages. In case of the bombards, a eldar titan on first fire
orders has no save, a 6+ on advance and 5+ on charge, slim chance but far
better than present.

What do you all think? I think this IS the happy medium we have been looking
for.

> Oh, and onto the comments that Hellreich has made, I didn't think we had
> given the Volcano Cannon a template, just the Quake Cannon. But in any
> event, there are definately some weapons that have templates but should
> still suffer the full effects of the holofields (such as the Quake
Cannon).
> We should list them.

Correct, just the quake cannon

Peter