[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Decision,decisions,what to do with the revision?

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:40:34 -0800

Kelvin wrote:

> The Imperials don't get "all the good weapons". Sure, most of the Titan
> weapons are very good and the majority of the Titan weapons have a TSM.
> But why should they not? Look at the Titans! They are designed to fight
> other large armoured units. To damage them, you need to have some armour
> piercing capability and so most of their weapons are designed for that.
> Their anti-personnerls weapons are mostly short-ranged and high ROF for use
> in built-up areas. On an open battlefield, they would be more concerned
> with taking out the enemy armour. In a city, they'd be more concerned with
> the Infantry. So making the Multi-launcher and multiroll weapon of either
> anti-personnel or light anti-armour makes a good deal of sense. This way
> people will actually consider using it.

The old Rocket Launcher sucked, but the new one is pretty neat. I'd
like to see the Eldar D-Cannon get an overhaul as well. Not because,
the Humans got something, so the Eldar should as well, but because the
weapon just needs to be changed. I'd like to see the this weapon hit on
a 2+, and a -3 save modifier applied to building destruction.

> Other Imperial Weapons are pretty good, but they certainly don't get "all
> the good ones". The Imperials have their share of mediocre and crap
> weapons. The key strength of the Imperials is that the three armies that
> make up the fighting forces of the Imperials; the Guard, the Titan Legions
> and the Marines; all cover gaps in the others' organisation. The Guard
> have numbers and lots of armour, the Legions bring the Titans and other
> Praetorians while the Marines are fast assault infantry. Put them all
> together and it sure looks like they get th ebest of everthing. But look
> at them seperately (or more importantly, PLAY them seperately) and they
> have very definite strengths and weaknesses. Marines have little in the
> way of heavy anti-armour punch and artillery, the Legions lack good
> infantry and tank formations while the Guard lack sufficient numbers of
> good assault units and tend to be very slow.

SO true! The BEST way to play the Humans, is to play each army
seperately. They each have such a unique style.

Warprat ;)