[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar Holofields

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <canapi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:40:34 +0100

Kelvin wrote:
> >Ah ah ah!!! no rules say you can do it, why you should allow poeople to
> >"transport" models on bases, some of my opponent tried to do it years
> >ago, I'm still laughing :PPPPP.
>
> No rule says you CAN'T do it either, a particular problem we had with a
> particular gamer at our club which resulted in us eventually writing in our
> rules sets 'NO CHEATING' so as to stop him from doing it: "It doesn't say
> anywhere in here that I CAN'T do it!".

Yes, it doesn't say anywhere I can't move your pieces in my movement
phase, or snap fire with a plasma cannon or let my Titans to make
pop-up, let's be serious Kelvin one must do what written in the rules
and not what rules never deny to do :)

> People can simply say that the
> troops are standing under the Titan (with the original AT rules you COULD
> actually protect other units with Void Shields by placing them on the
> Titan's base).

Just curious if we are talking about NetEpic or what, I don't care if AT
let you place miniatures under Titans shields, NetEpic never say that
you can , period.

> You're not trying to "transport" them (by which I think you
> mean placing the models on the base, then moving the Titan, conveniently
> carrying the infantry with it on the base), they are just standing there
> under the Titan. (For the record, I think that is a bit cheesy too.)

"Transporting" was just humor, real life it's different, this rules have
"holes" only if your opponent misunderstand rules for his own advantage,
and it's not cheating, he don't use some lack of rules foundation, he's
simply inventing rules.

My 2c

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi