[NetEpic ML] Re: The Great Holofield Debate. Vote Now!

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:51:17 +0200

[snip]
> There has been a lot of logical propsitions stated on why
> barrages do what
> they do to holofields, but I beleive we missed this one.

Exactly, this fits the idea of holofields nicely. However, see below.

> Granted then the player may attack multiple times once with
> each artillery
> model, but if you factor in scatter, lower to hits and such
> the danger is
> much reduced compared to now.

This reduces the effectiveness of artillery batteries. However, what shall
we do with the BigGuns(TM)which are a battery in themselves, like Goliath
and Doomsday cannon?

> I'd like to hear on this since it changes no current rule beyond
> concentrating barrages.
>
> Opinions?

I like this proposal. The big guns could be considered so huge (a Goliath
shell is supposed to weigh several tons) that if you are caught even at the
edge of a blast zone you are toasted.

Jyrki Saari

> Peter
[snip]