[NetEpic ML] Re: Unit Coherency company cards comp

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:05:43 -0800

Hi Peter,

Surprise! I'm going to reverse my stand on the Super Heavies, acting as
Command vehicles when loaded.

Why? Because just transporting a Command unit, does not make a vehicle
a Command unit. The vehicle must be able to JOIN the Command
detachment, or it does not become a Command unit.

Titans, Super Heavies, Falcons, Thunderhawks, etc..., can't be ADDED as
additional command vehicles. None of these units can JOIN a Command
detachment. They are always, a SEPERATE, detachment.

Perhaps, there are more, but the omly vehicles I found, which can be
ADDED to a Command detachment, were Battlewagons and Blood Axe Rhinos.

If the vehicles are a part of the Nob detachment, they recieve the same
orders as the Nobs. Since Nobs don't need orders, thier vehicles don't
either.

I've always played the Command Transports, as Command units, for the
purpose of movement and firing. Of course the transport is NOT the
Commander, and can command, NOTHING.

One other thing. Although it's probably allowed in the rules, I would
consider buying more Battlewagons/Blood Axe Rinos than you need, to
carry your troops, a CHEESE tactic.

What does everyone else think?

Warprat