[NetEpic ML] Re: Holofields and command vehicles

From: Jari M�kel� <j.15_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:22:43 +0300

Hello,

At 08:24 26.3.2000, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'll change my vote to alternate number three. I've warmed up to it and its
>probably the best change without changing to much. Direct barrages do acount
>for a lot of dead eldar titans in my experience. They mandatory scatter will
>help.
>
>One question though what of barrages that always scatter? No additional
>penalty or something more?
>
>Opinions?

I would not think those scatter more than normally. I think it would be
just too much of a added rules baggage, what say ye?

I read about the descriptions of holofield and in principle it breaks up
the visual image over an area with added electronic warfare added in. So in
practise there is just an area where the Titan might be, for observers, so
would that not be exactly what indirect barrage is all about? Shooting to
something you cannot see and get exact co-ordinates?

I would vote the option 3 if I have a vote, that is.

>Regarding command vehicles:
>
>Only those vehicles that "come" with the commander sould be considered
>command vehicles and only when the command is in them.
>
>All other "vehicles" that form different detachments are never command
>vehicles, just transports.
>
>Opnions?

I agree, I might be oversimplifying things in saying, if you take the
command (stand ) out of vehicle, you just have a vehicle. There is way too
much potential for misuse if the transporting vehicle would be a command
stand after the transporting is over. If there would be additional cost for
vehicles that would be transformed to command units due transporting one,
then It would be ok.

>Peter

>You have a voice mail message waiting for you at iHello.com:

>-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/netepic/?m=1

Jari M�kel�
j.15_at_sci.fi