[NetEpic ML] Re: R: R: More stuff to argue..er.. I mean discuss about

From: stefano andreoni <ltremari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:29:56 +0200

Hi!

> Thats very true Stefano. I would say to just give these guys two void
> shields like any other titan of this size, what say you?
> > I agree with you; also we could consider to change the cost or improve
the
> > slaneesh scout titans. Without shields (their -1 to hit sucks) they are
> too
> > weak and cost more than warhounds!

Personally I never played them because as chaos could field warhounds, they
proved better for shields, weapons modularity, location save etc. and cost
the same prize as slaneesh titans.
What I mean is that I don't want something too hard to hit or invincible but
only something that worth 450 pts.. On "the paper" their -1 to hit modifier
(not applicable toward barrages!) sucks because generally my opponents have
a lot of good to hit weapons such volcano cannons/tempest lasers/squats
pretorians and I don't see the reason to field something that has a little
probability to survive a single fire phase and gives so many pts. I forgot
to mention their 4+ psi save that is a good thing but I can't immagine who
will fire a warp missile toward something that need a las cannon to be
downed.
I agree with you that some sort of field should be granted or at least a
significative points reduction; I'm for giving them two shields as
warhounds, as you did in heresy; they will mantein their fixed weaponery and
4+ psi save, but not the -1 to hit modifier.
Concerning to hit modifiers, please, remove the -1 to hit that these titans
and warhounds have on charge, I can't immagine why if I shoot my las gun
toward them I must be penalized, while shooting at a charging jet bike
not!!!
I like to see some changes in the army list, but if anyone don't agree with
me I can live without them.

Stefano