[NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic BUG

From: S. Birol Akmeric <Akmeric_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:24:27 +0300

> Hi guys...found a bug in the rules...(at least in my old 2.1
printout...but
> I dont think it has been changed)
>

> In the rules for firing into close combat, example 3 is wrong. It states
> that if a jetbike and a tactical stand is engaged in close combat, then
you
> cannot fire at the infantry stand cos its pinned. But skimmers cannot pin
> anything else than skimmers because they belong to a smaller pinning
class.

The example is correct. Skimmers, even the smallest ones, can pin infantry,
because they both belong in the same size class. Actually, anything up to
superheavies are in the same size class. The skimmers can't be pinned by the
infantry though; they hover over them and may choose to fly away anytime
they like. On the other hand, this makes them plainly visible, so you can
shoot at them, even when they're engaged in close combat with infantry.

Birol
Akmeric_at_...