[NetEpic ML] Re: More stuff to argue..er.. I mean discuss about

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:25:55 -0800

Hi Peter!

Glad to see you could stomach most of my ideas.

Watch the movie "Glory", you'll see a failed cavalry charge, through the
woods. The infantry blasted them at "point blank" with first fire.
Have you ever played Napolionics, or American Civil War? Cavalry
charges through woods are common. My history playing pal, almost had a
seizure, when I pointed out the same thing you did.

In real life, my Stepfather used to charge cavalry through the woods, as
part of a Home Guard Unit in WWII. He said it was one of the scariest
things he's ever done, especially at night.

Squiggoths, are so big, that they could not charge through woods very
well. Thier size would help to break things out of thier way, but it
would slow them down. Then again, maybe they wouldn't be slowed down,
THAT much.

The Squig Katapult is a pretty nasty weapon, almost equal to the Wave
Serpent, if totally selective as to what it will eat.

The original Games Workshop fluff, does indead say that when the Squig
Pots burst open, they are not interested in Orks and Gretchin, because
of the bad taste. But NetEpic has modified the original rules, to allow
the Squigs to continue swarming on a 4-6, instead of a 6. Squigs used
to burrow into the ground, after scattering for the feeding frenzy, now
they stay on the board, for the REST of the game.

My feeling, is that Squigs going into a feeding frenzy, should forget
what tastes good, and just eat everything.

As an Ork player, I try to think as an Ork, and this would not bother
me. I'd just laugh heartily, every time one of those stupid yutzes, got
striped of his green flesh. ;)

What does everyone else think?

Warprat ;)