[NetEpic ML] A few odds and ends..

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:53:47 -0500

Greetings One and all,
        A few comments on some points that have been raised. 1. Command units
and vehicles.In general I agree that the transport aspect of the command
unit is not a command unit per se, the stand is. I would put forward two
exceptions though: 1. Ork warboss in a gargant; 2. Adeptus Titanicus
(Tech0Guard), commander in a super heavy or titan. IMO, these two
exceptions are the only legitimate cases where a commander can in effect
make the vehicle a Command unit. OK, it's fluff based, and I'm not sure
as to the game impact of this. When I've played with these exceptions,
there hasn't been too much serious impact. As for allies and such for
Army lists, there are some that I would argue in favor of: Orks-Chaos;
AT-SM-IG-Squats; etc. There is a strong fluff basis for these, as well
as certain practical applications. In particular, the AT-SM-IG pairings.
 I would say that there needs to be limits on the ammount of allies, but
they should be allowed. This gives the Imperial player the ability to
take Titans to support either an IG or SM army, or to provide additional
armor/artillery support for a AM or AT army. A percentage system may not
be all that great, but a scale of say 100pts of allies per 1000 points of
main army should be OK. I like taking a SM assault company as a spear
head for my IG army, or giving my marines more artillery support
(Basilisks/Bombards). Chaos and Orks are another pairing. Lots of fluff
to support this. I like fluffy armies, even if they are totally
inappropriate for the battle. Case in point, I took a combo
Tzeentch/Khorne CC style army , with a Warlord and LoB, against an Eldar
force. Got me ass whupped, the highlight being the Bloodthirster which
defeated a Warlock Titan in CC. Other than that, I died in a withering
hail of shurikens. It may just be the group I play with, in that we all
don't like power gaming, so it rarely happens. I think that's it for
now. Is the holofield issue resolved yet?

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell