[NetEpic ML] Re: Summary of changes to date

From: <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:03:36 -0500

Well being the Slann nut that I am I've tryed the Komodo and the King, I've
found the Komodo with its 3+ ( fixed save) and using the 4+ to repair to be
very poweful, but not unbalancing. After playing a few games found it to be
just a tad high in cost and tryed it at 1500pts. In trun this made it just a
tad stronger then a Warlord amred with great cheese for I wanted to see just
how much of a pounding the Slann Titan could take. The warlord was armed as
such 4 Turbo laser destructors, don't sound like much but try it one time (8
dice at 3+ to hit and a -2 to save), as it urned out it was a slug fest of
fire power with the Slann Titan winning 6 out of 10 times. Not to bad seeing
as the Slann Titan only has 2 weapons that fire over 50cm and only one roll
each. I don't feel lowering the saves is needed for the Komodo but much need
for the King for this is supposed to be there stronger Titan and lowering
the saves would do this, plus drop it down to 2350pts for it is pretty even
with the Imperator but tends to come out ahead in match fights. As for the
Warp and Vortex missiles I play that the sheilds protect against them, for
how can they hit something if it is not there to hit. I know I know I should
of tested the Titans more before I rewrote the army but I was more conserned
with the balance of all the troop types when I was play testing the Slann.
But as far as the army goes I think it is very well balanced with a not so
hot win record of 3 out of 7 games but this was my sillyness and some bad
dice at times.