[NetEpic ML] Re: Flyers revisited yet again!

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:46:21 +0200

Hi,

The main problem with flyers is to make sure that they don't make too much
of an impact on the game. Modern warfare is dominated by airsuperiority, so
in a sence flyers should be dominant. However, in our group we quickly found
out that the NetEpic rules for flyers made them "gamewinners". So we had to
make a choice, either ban the flyers althogether or revice the rules. Since
we all have quite a lot of flyer miniatures it would be a shame not to use
them, so we had to look at the rules. Our goal was then to put the flyers on
the tabletop as any other gaming piece and remowe the flyer fase. So we
endet up with the rules I described to you, and I believe they work just
fine! I saw that Warprat had taken some of these ideas back to his own
gaming group. Have you tried them out? What do you think?

Nils