Re: [NetEpic ML] Special Cards for Chaos

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:11:03 +1000

At 05:18 PM 4/3/00 -0400, hellreich wrote:
>Don't think Chaos should be allowed to have these newer weapons, they did
>come out after the Heresye. and there fore should not get them.

Just because they came out after the Heresy doesn't mean that Chaos can't
have them. Not all the Space Marine, Squat, Imperial Guard or Titan Legion
forces that fight for Chaos turned during the Heresy. According to the
fluff PLENTY of Imperial forces, Marine, Guard AND Titan, have turned to
Chaos since the Heresy, taking all their gear with them. Why could they
not be used? I agree in not allowing, say, Thunderhawks to be used by the
Marine LEGIONS that are fielded by the Primarchs, but other Marine
Renegades should be able to get them.

While Warprat wrote:

>> Hi Everyone!
>>
>> With the new rules modification, for Warp and Vortex missiles becoming
>> Special Cards, Chaos will need Special Cards or NOT be alowed to take
>> these weapons.
>>
>> Chaos should be allowed, ONE Special Card, per Greater Daemon.

No. No, no, no. I really, REALLY don't like this idea. The whole
structure of Chaos was to make it a different force to play as there were
no Special cards (with the possible exception of the Legions, but they were
a special case). The only way I could cope with this would be to let Chaos
take Special cards as Minion cards, but only allow ONE "Special Minion"
card per Daemon. Sure this would put Chaos at a bit of a disadvantage, but
by limiting the list of "Special Minion" cards to relatively new
"post-Heresy" gear, they pay the price for wanting the newer tech.

>> List of possible Special Cards:
>>
>> 1) Vortex Missile.
>> 2) Warp Missile.

Sure. To use them as "Special Minion" cards this would be great.

>> 3) Warlord Titan.
>> 4) Reaver Titan.
>> 5) Warhound Titan.
>> 6) Warhound Scout Detachment.
>> 7) Subjugator Squadron.
>> 8) Questor Squadron.

Nope. I like them as Minion cards the way they are. But I suppose by
making them "special mimion" cards they would be heavily restricted.

>> 9) Space Marine Legion.

They should be left the way they are now. Only fieldable by their Primarch.

>> 10) Chaos Magus.
>> 11) Chaos Forward Observer.
>> 12) ONE Thunderhawk.

I prefer limiting THawks to one per Marine Renegade Minion card anyway.
But making them "special" would also go a long way to limiting them too.

>> 13) Chaos Space Marine Chaplin (New Unit?)

Don't like. Don't want. Chaos don't need Chaplains. They've got Daemons...

>> 14) Warp Palace of Tzeench (Counts as Greater Deamon, and Special Card)
>> 15) Plague Tower.
>> 16) Khorne Banelord.
>> 17) Lord of Battles.

I'd like to leave all these the way they are now. Leave them as
Daemons/minion cards.

>> 18) Hell-Strider Detachment.
>> 19) Hell-Scourge Detachment.
>> 20) Hell-Knight Detachment.

Why? I like the Hell-knights the way they are now. They are Slaneesh-only
minion cards. Why bother making them specail? Slaneesh needs all the good
minions it can get.

>> What does everyone else think?

I just told you what I think.... ;-)

-Kelvin....