Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: No Subject

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:24:34 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_j...> wrote:
> Hi Weasel and Josh!
>
> If you want a Medic, use a Special Card. That's what they're good
for.

> Warprat ;)
>
> -->Given the fluff, it does make sense to include the medic in the
> company card. replace one of the command stands with amedic stand,
and
> increase the company cost by 50pts. they're pretty much a standard
> fixture in the company TO&E. Everything else should remain a
special
> card though. It's not that overpowering, and just aligns the fluff
with
> the rules a bit more.
>
> Josh R
> Minister for General Mayhem
> "Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell

***I love my marines, but I think this may be going a bit too far.
Medics (&Techmarines) are a great deal for 50pts, making medics
inherent in the company is a big advantage, especially as it lets you
field the medic *and* still have a special slot open. Choosing which
specials to field should (IMO) be a fairly important decision.
Besides, w/NE we can simply say that the Marines 6+ save is partially
represented by inherent medics, and the Medic card represents a
larger/better equipped MASH-thingy, fluff-wise.

Jim