Re: [NetEpic ML] Special Cards for Chaos

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:32:01 +1000

At 03:48 PM 4/4/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I dont think he means that. Just that the current scheme is good enough.
>That chaos can have many units as support units while they are special cards
>elsewhere doesn't bother me much, it IS important to keep certain things out
>of their hands, mainly IG and certain marine equipment which should be (and
>was) restricted.

That is EXACTLY what I was saying. Chaos shouldn't get everything. Never
said they should. But they SHOULD be able to use some things from other
lists, even if they are normally Special Cards in those lists. In the case
where the card would normally be a Special Card, I was suggesting that
Chaos would be forced to take them as a "Special Minion Card". The card is
still bought as a Minion card (ie- like a support card) but due to the fact
that it is special, each Daemon can only have ONE "Special Minion Card".
This restricts it in a similar way to Special Cards from other lists
without changing the unique way that Chaos forces are structured. This
would, I think, be an excellent and simple addition to the Chaos lists and
would restrict them similarly to other lists for Special gear.

>Remember that chaos MUST take at LEAST three cards per demons, theres no
>taking one demon to squeeze in that extra bit of cheese

Yes! Its one of the things I like about choosing Chaos forces. There's a
real balance between Minions and Daemons.

>I beleive chaos is pretty much balanced as long as equipment from other army
>lists is kept small.

I agree completely.

>We did do this for marines (since most on that list already exsisted as army
>cards for chaos), but not IG since the originals have no army cards for
>anything but cultists, that means no artillery and other such IG wonder
>weapons.

But with our group, we wanted to be able to add character to our Chaos
forces by adding IG gear. One time we allowed IG allies to Chaos and it
sucked. Great CC with great firepower. Super Cheese. Then we started to
heavily restrict IG gear to Chaos by allowing ONE IG Support chard to be
bought as a Chaos Minion for every ONE Chaos Cultist card purchased. This
worked out great. Very little IG equipment appeared as it was always
restricted by the number of Cultists you used.

>Of course if you permit allies the balance shatters and then limitation is a
>problem. But the chaos army as is (which beyond demon additional
>unitsremains unchanged) is blamced with strengths and weaknesses

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."