RE: [NetEpic ML] knight lancer

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:00:49 +0300

[snip]

> Theres always been a bit of confusion with this one since it
> has a modified
> lance. I STILL think it doubles its CAF, so you are not
> incorrect to do so.
> In addition to this ability it has this semi-ranged attack.
>
> Its confusing I could interpret this in a few different ways.
>
> whats you're take?
>
> Peter
[snip]

Remember that power lance and shock lance are two different things. Every
knight carries a shock lance which doubles its CAF. Only Lancer carries the
power lance IN ADDITION to the shock lance and can use both in Tech Guard
armylist it is stated that :" This weapon (the power lance) can only be used
if on Charge Orders, the knight does not have to be in close combat to use
it but if you are it must be fired at the opposing target. The weapon
releases its discharge at the very start of the close combat phase before
resolving any combat. If the target survives close combat is carried out
normally. The Power Lance does not prevent use of the Shock Lance.".

Jyrki Saari