Re: [NetEpic ML] Whats on the table today?

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:41:09 GMT

>I propose two rolls for ANY unit with armor.
>
>1) Roll for 4+ Bail-out, modified by weapon.
>2) If Bail-out fails, roll a Normal Save, modified by weapon.
>
>That's all! Most units, like Boys, Guardians, IG, etc... won't even get
>to #2. Space Marines are the great exception, but they deserve a slim
>chance, in my opinion.

Sounds fair....

Anyway, I am a great fan of giving marines some kind of improved bolter fire
rule.

Hitting on 4+, -1 save versus infantry type targets, fire in both first fire
AND advance fire when on first fire orders (perhaps with -1 to hit in
advance segment) or something.

THis should only apply to bolters and pistols. What ya think???