Re: [NetEpic ML] Eldar and Orks

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:12:27 +1000

At 10:25 PM 4/5/00 -0700, Warprat wrote:

Howdy Warprat...

>My take on things.

Again? ;-)

>Eldar:
>1) Eldar Heavy Weapon Guardians, make them come in 6, one attack,
>350pts.

Yeah, I could agree to this.

>2) Wave Serpents, make them a Special Card, or increase cost to 300pts.
>Allow to move over water.

I don't think they need to be a Special Card. And yes, they should be allowed
to move over water. They'd make a great surf wave to ride wouldn't they?

(Off topic but funny: a friend of mine once made an excellent diorama once he
heard about and saw the Wave Serpent. He made a 40K version of it, then
modelled out of a translucent plastic resin a v-shaped wave. He mounted both
on a base, then modelled up and painted some Ork Madboy surfers and placed them
either on the wave riding it or in front of the wave ready to ride it. On and
around the Wave Serpent he placed some Eldar Guardins either trying to shoot
the Orks or waving their fists at them. Very funny and clever diorama. It won
a local convention's "Best Diorama" award.)

>3) Doomweaver, scatter 1d6 instead of 2d6.

Nah. 2D6 is fine. Don'rt want to make them too good. Not even the Elves can
control the wind.

>4) Bonesinger, allow healing on infantry too.

Myself and local Eldar Player aren't real keen on this unit.

>5) Exarch, make this a normal card, decrease cost to 300pts.

This is another card that I think is fine as is. If we make it a support cad,
then it should NOT get a price decrease as they will become very common. These
things are tough, shooty and hard to hit (as they are Command Units). I think
they are fine as is.

>6) Dreadnoughts, allow to move as infantry, except in buildings.

This sounds fine.

>Orks:
>
>1) Mekboy Geargant, something BAD should happen if the shield roll is
>failed. Really, you don't even need to worry about it untill the end of
>turn 3. By then, the game is over.

But, as Peter and I have already pointed out, somthing bad DOES happen! To
quote the rules:

"Kustom Force Field represents a special sustained power field. While the field
is operational the Mekboy Gargant is impervious to damage. At the start of each
turn you may decide to shut down the kustom field. Once shut down it remains so
for the rest of the game. Every turn that the field is on there is a chance
that it will overload and shut down permanently. Roll a D6 in the end phase of
each turn it is functional, on a roll of 10 or more the kustom field overheats
and causes damage. An additional D6 is added each turn (2 D6 in the second
turn, 3 D6 in the third, and so on) to make this check. If 10 or more is
rolled, roll immediately for damage in the force field generator location on
the hit location template, and apply the results."

So on turn 1 you have no chance of overloading the shield. On turn 2 you have
a small chance and on turn 3 you have a good chance. When the roll fails, you
roll for damage on the Mekboy Generator dmamge table. This usually is fatal
for the thing. Trust me, I know. The Mekboy Gargant is very Orky and the
rules I think are just fine as is. Its quite, quite mortal. Don't forget that
the shield still flickers.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."