Re: [NetEpic ML] Eldar and Orks

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:38:00 -0700

Hi Kelvin!

I rarely take the Exarchs, because I think they are WAY overpriced. I
mean, come on, they cost 100pts for ONE stand. How about keeping them
Special Cards, but lower the cost to 300pts?

> >5) Exarch, make this a normal card, decrease cost to 300pts.
>
> This is another card that I think is fine as is. If we make it a support cad,
> then it should NOT get a price decrease as they will become very common. These
> things are tough, shooty and hard to hit (as they are Command Units). I think
> they are fine as is.

OK, I see the light. Your right, something bad does happen. But my
games rarely get to turn 3, so it almost never plays a part. The Mekboy
Shield is the best titan defense in the game, as long as you don't get
to the end of turn 3.

> >1) Mekboy Geargant, something BAD should happen if the shield roll is
> >failed. Really, you don't even need to worry about it untill the end of
> >turn 3. By then, the game is over.
>
> But, as Peter and I have already pointed out, somthing bad DOES happen! To
> quote the rules:
>
> "Kustom Force Field represents a special sustained power field. While the field
> is operational the Mekboy Gargant is impervious to damage. At the start of each
> turn you may decide to shut down the kustom field. Once shut down it remains so
> for the rest of the game. Every turn that the field is on there is a chance
> that it will overload and shut down permanently. Roll a D6 in the end phase of
> each turn it is functional, on a roll of 10 or more the kustom field overheats
> and causes damage. An additional D6 is added each turn (2 D6 in the second
> turn, 3 D6 in the third, and so on) to make this check. If 10 or more is
> rolled, roll immediately for damage in the force field generator location on
> the hit location template, and apply the results."
>
> So on turn 1 you have no chance of overloading the shield. On turn 2 you have
> a small chance and on turn 3 you have a good chance. When the roll fails, you
> roll for damage on the Mekboy Generator dmamge table. This usually is fatal
> for the thing. Trust me, I know. The Mekboy Gargant is very Orky and the
> rules I think are just fine as is. Its quite, quite mortal. Don't forget that
> the shield still flickers.

Warprat ;)