Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos Question

From: Butch Hobson <fog_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:19:12 -0400

>Juggernaughts always complete thier charge. Is this true, also, when
>attacking titans? Does this mean that the Titan Defense System, is
>useless against them?

  I believe we have a conundrum, here. I've been looking at the CC rules
for titans, "Regular Troop stands - on Charge Orders they may elect to
engage in base to base contact with the titan. For each troop stand in base
to base contact with the titan at the beginning of the close combat segment
roll a D6. For each 6 rolled one troop stand has survived the titans
anti-personal weapons."

  The description of the Juggernaut: "The relentless charge of these beasts
permit them to fight at least a single round of close combat even if they
are slain by the charged unit. After the close combat is resolved all
Juggernauts slain by First Fire shooting are removed as casualties,
regardless of the result of the close combat."

  The problem is with the wording of the Juggernaut. First it says they can
fight even if killed, then it says if it's slain by FF it is removed after
CC.
While, the Titan's Anti-personnel weapons are effected just before CC is
resolved.

  I realize this is nit-picky, but Warprat has brought up an interesting
point.
My personal opinion would be yeah. Electro-fields, Bolters, Shuriken
whatevers, should be about as in-effective at stopping this charging hulk as
any other weapon. But, that's just *my* opinion.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled program