Re: [NetEpic ML] Remaining armies

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:26:42 -0500

Hi!

>Hmmm, Don't forget that you utterly smashed an eldar force a couple of
weeks
>ago also (45 -0???Using the slann 2.0 rules). We have to take into account
>that your opponent played poorly in that game as well, and of cource we'll
>have to test the slannarmy further before we can make any kind of
>conclusions.
>
>However, there are a couple of things that concerns me. I feel that there
is
>to much fixed savingthrows and coverignoration in the slann army. I also
>believe that to many of the units has a 4+ or better to hit roll. But what
>really find unreasonable is that the slann immunity to fear and terror, and
>that they don't need do check moral when facing Chaos. Thats way, way, WAY
>over the top in my opinion.

Hmm.. As far as I remember only battlesuits have a fixed save most exodus
and dracons either dont have a save or its not fixed. The necron forces have
a modifiable save up to a point. As for morale, I think only Necron are
immune to morale effects, others would be vulnerable to them. As for fear
and terror, perhaps the living component of the army should know fear.
Opinions?

>Well, it shall be interesting to see how the slann army preformes in the
>future. But a couple of more games like the last two, and I think Rune wil
>rapidly run out of players wanting to face him.

Well, he did say they were inexperienced and badly deployed. A more accurate
test would be with an experienced player in less favorable terrain.

Peter