Re: [NetEpic ML] Remaining armies Squats

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:08:07 -0000

Regarding the Thunderers having higher CAF, I think it's probably due
to them "consisting of heavy squads of hardened veterans..." as
opposed to the Warriors who are "...the younger members of the
Stronghold's War-brethren." The Thunderers have probably survived a
few Close Encounters of the Ork Kind and are better able to handle
themselves, being more experienced. Sorta like how Wolf Guard have
higher CAF than Blood Claws.

Jim

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <pramos2_at_u...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Good points! I just wanted to round them off, but you're prices are
good.

> Regarding the thunderers and such, I have wondered that myself and
can't come up with a good explanation.

> What do other people think?
>
> Peter
>
> It's good to see that people agree with me, but I think 200 and
500 is a bit expencive.

> Compared to the IG bombard-battery, with a constant BP of 9, it
costs 200, the Goliath can get 9 if the player rolls good.

> If we compare the Artillery Company with the Goliath Company,
the IG gets a total of 33 BPs, while the Squats can get 30 if they
are extremly lucky.

> I think that 175 & 475 are fair prices.
>
> An other thing that puzels me are the squat infantry. Why does
the thunderers have +1 CAF while the warriors has 0. Shouldn't it
bethe other way around?