Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:23:44 +1000

At 01:23 PM 4/13/00 +0000, Mike wrote:
>Yay! Chaos stuff!
>> 3. The use of Kelvin's idea on making a special card certain IG and
>space marine equipment. Please suggest a list of what should be
>available and which should be special cards (one per greater demon).
>>
>> Opinions?
>
>I have an idea on this myself. Why not make it so only the Chaos
>Space Marines can use marine equipment. IE you take Magnus and the
>Thousand Sons. so instead of attaching normal Chaos units you can use
>any 'marine equipment' that would have been around during the Heresy.
>For Transports the only units that can be transported on them would
>be the marines. Keeps Minotaurs out of Thunderhawks and keeps the
>Marine crunchy goodness inside...

I thought that was the actual ruling on Chaos Marine gear anyway. You
couldn't use Chaos Marine units to carry around anything except Chaos
Marines. I know it was actually a formal rule in Titan Legions. The
problem people have with Marine and IG gear for Chaos is people taking LOTS
of it. And I have to agree. I don't like to see Chaos with 12
Thunderhawks full of Marines. This was why I proposed the "Special" status
to those Minion cards, so as to severely limit the number of such items
being fielded. They should add flavour to the list without being abused by it.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."