Re: Chaos

From: Mike <slannesh_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:23:27 -0000

Yay! Chaos stuff!

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <pramos2_at_u...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Before they fall through the cracks lets get rid of two remaining
issues:

> 1. Havoc missiles
>
> I'd prefer a stronger costlier version, because this takes two
weapon hard points. Making it cheaper doesn't cut it because you
still lose that one hard point. I suggest the following: the havoc
rack has 6 missiles, each missile produces d3 templates, it may only
fire 1 or 2 missiles a turn. Barrage points 6, save modifier -1. Cost
150.

> Opinions?

I agree, but even with the stats you've proposed i'd never take them
you'd get way better results out of two barrage missles at not much
more cost... perhaps something like this? <keep in mind i'm just
making up #'s off the top of my head>
6 missles, up to 3 may be fired per turn. Each missle gets D3
additional templates which must touch 2 other templates 6-8 barrage
points with a -2 or 3 save, alternately the missles can be direct
fired in an anti armour roll, no barrage template but for each missle
a target is hit on 4 or 5+ taking D3 hits with a -2 or 3 save. Cost
300ish... That sounds like a weapon worth taking but without being
TOO stupid... keep in mind it does take Both yer carapace slots.

> 2. Primarchs
>
> I think all would agree that all primarchs except Fulgirm deserve a
50 point increase. For fulgrim to earn it I suggest that his power
change to the following: May control one unit of its choice within
range (25cm) for that turn (no roll required). The unit automatically
shrugs off the attack in the end phase, but may be attacked in the
same way again next turn. Praetorians/titans and shielded units are
immune. Its a non-physical psychic attack. this makes his power as
useful as those other primarchs.

> Opinions?

Sounds like a good idea to me... while obvioiusly being a proponent
of Slaanesh I don't think i've ever used Fulgrim.. I have a mini for
him.. but always thought he was sorta wussy compared to Angron or
Magnus.

> 3. The use of Kelvin's idea on making a special card certain IG and
space marine equipment. Please suggest a list of what should be
available and which should be special cards (one per greater demon).

> Opinions?

I have an idea on this myself. Why not make it so only the Chaos
Space Marines can use marine equipment. IE you take Magnus and the
Thousand Sons. so instead of attaching normal Chaos units you can use
any 'marine equipment' that would have been around during the Heresy.
For Transports the only units that can be transported on them would
be the marines. Keeps Minotaurs out of Thunderhawks and keeps the
Marine crunchy goodness inside...
While we've never formalized this in our gaming group that's how i've
always played it... Marines using marine equipment... Just because
i'm a bad guy doesn't mean I don't deserve to use the good equipment
;>
Besides... Chaos is the only race without a transport flyer (yes I
know Orks don't have one either but what self respecting ork would
ever let his feet leave the ground? Besides.. Kult of Speed has
always seemed to work as well or better for our Ork player)

> These seem to be the main chaos issues that remained in the air.
>
> Peter

Just a couple of other ideas...
Enjoy!
             Mike