Re: [NetEpic ML] The great titan close combat debate

From: Mike <slannesh_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:50:31 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_q...> wrote:
> Well, I'd support this alteration if we simply allowed the Titan to
double
> its CAF when fighting any units who's class is less than Knight
(this
> should include Daemons boths Greater and Lesser). This way we
represent
> the Titan's antipersonnel-type weapons (Electrohulls, defence
weapons,
> Poisons, spikes, ballistic Gretchin, etc...) without bothering with
that
> old "Electro-Hull" rule. Plus it still makes the Titan vulnerable
> larger units (Knights, Praetorians, other Titans, etc) and uses the
current
> rules with only ONE modification.
>

> -Kelvin....

Only one problem with that idea.. Tyranids...
what bugs fall one each side of that line?
and i'd have a problem with including Greater Daemons on the small
side of that line as well... Lesser Daemons no problem.. but if
you're going to make an exception for a CAF +4 Paladin why not a CAF
+12 Bloodthirster?
Just a thought... Personally I like doubling the CAF of all
Titan/Praetorian units just fine... keeps the infantry off them. and
they're just as vulnerable as always to weapons fire... I've always
been one to try to stay with the fluff... every time i've seen titans
even mentioned it's how they just wade in and kill everything till
another titan stops them...
Mike