Titan close combat discussion, when will it ever end!

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:36:05 -0500

Hi!

As usual I got some time to kill at work so I might as well add more fuel to
the ongoing debate.

What I remember of disagreement with the current electrohull system was its
poor interaction when a titan initiated the assault. Actually I can remember
any other fault. If that is all isn't it easier to remedy that than adopt
something new and unproven?

Why not just give titans some modified stomping capacity for when it decides
to crush infantry underfoot. In old AT stomping costs 2cm of movement and we
could give all infantry a straight 5+ save to jump out of the way, elites
get a 4+ roll. The Titan may attempt to stomp the same ones but it costs 2cm
of movement for each try.

This system gives everything you'd want, it minimizes the effects of swarms
and better elite troops have a much better chance of survival and doing
damage.

At least for me, this sounds a lot simpler than what I have proposed before.

Yet again another change of heart.

Peter