Titan CC

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:27:39 -0400

This excerpt is from Mike, who I agree with.

On a side note, I had a thought on how to modify the current
electrohull design.
Why not let infantry get through on a 5+ and then make them fight the
Titan in CC as per normal rules... should kill enough Infantry to not
make them a huge threat but if someone REALLY wants to swarm a titan
they're gonna do it.

Under this system allow as many units as the attacker wants to attack the titan. So if 2 squads of beastmen wanted to swarm a titan they could and they would face the wrath of the titan anti-personel system. That would still equate to about 6 or 7 beastmen getting through. Fair but enough for the beastmen to do some damage taking into account they were totally wiped out.

The damage done by infantry and cavalry should not be automatic but at a save mod equal to 1/2 of the attackers CAF rounded up. In most cases this would be -1 or -2.

Before a swarm attack can be made a morale check must be done. No one in their right mind would run up to a titan. Units that are elite, mind controlled (tyranids) or crazy (half of Chaos units and the ork madboyz) ignore the morale check and may swarm normally.

Using Mike's concept and the above subrules should make this easier to handle.

Since I have been playing my titan has only been swarmed twice. Once it was bad news and the other time I survived and managed to take out 8 stands while suffering some damage. Praetorians are more likely to be swarmed than titans and their CAF is +12.

My thoughts,
Darius