Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Reality Check

From: Mike <slannesh_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:48:56 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, <hellreich_at_n...> wrote:
> And the others also, if you can't field a Titan and not lose it to
infantry
> then YOU should not field a Titan.

Actually I rarely lose titans... when I do decide to take them. I
jsut
feel it's an abuse of the rules to allow a couple hundred points of
cannon fodder take out a 900 point unit.

> The system we use now is much better then the origanal and I've
been
playing
> for 10 years, and can still to this day only fit 7-9 models around
the Titan

woo woo... i've been playing since AT as well... and just so you know
10 infantry stands fit around the reaver/warlord base just fine...
you
must have bigger infantry stands than I do.

> base, maybe this is the problem, you are NOT allowed to put models
on the
> base. Plus Titans need some kind of support, they can not and will
not work
> on there own just look at some of the art work and you'll seen tons
of

Good point.. i'll concede that.

> infantry around a Titan. Plus what bout armies that don't have
massed gun
> fire how are they to deal with Titan?

What army doens't have fire support?
Every army has access to titans...

> Nobody is trying to make them weak in CC we are working on trying
make
> them stronger but the way you are going is crazy you want them to be
> superman and they can't fill that roll as slow as they move, they

As i've stated time and time again. No I don't want them to be
invulnerable in Close assault. I just don't want them getting geeked
by 200 points worth of throw away troops.

are very
> vanurable at the rate of speed they have to faster moving units be
it
> infantry or vehicals. And we all need to keep this in mind as I'm
sure GW
> did when they first made this game. I don't care how strong you make
> something speed will always beat strength. JUST HOW IT IS!!!! Don't

Ahem. I disagree... but there's no need to shout.

forget
> Termies in themselves are small TITANS stronger then most tanks and
should
> show this even when fighting a Titan.

Great... so eldar exarchs should be able to take them one on one by
that line of reasoning... superior armour ancient artefact weapons...
not to mention superior stats to any Terminator...

Look. All i'm trying to do is keep people honest... no matter what
rule we come up with someone is going to do his best to find a
loophole to exploit it... that's the way these things seem to work.
I admit that I like to use titans... they're way more fun to paint
than massed infantry and they look better on the table... but the way
the rules are now and in Titan Legions you're at a disadvantage if
you
 take titans... you get more firepower and better survivability out
of
tanks... if that's so then what is the point of even including them
in
the game in the first place??

Mike