[NetEpic ML] Agreement?

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:11:16 -0700

Hi All!

Hey, looks like I started a LOT of good discussion. Peter has changed
his position SO many times, I'm sure he's a little dizzy. ;)

Points I think we all agree on, and that ANY new rule should address:

1) Titans should not be all powerfull, infantry/vehicles should have a
chance against them. The difficulty is in striking a good ballance.
You don't want the infantry too powerfull either.

2) Titans need to be able to Close Combat any type of unit (except
flyers of course), and the rules should have provision for this.

3) Better units, in combat with a titan, should have a better chance to
damage it.

4) Troops in combat with a titan should have some small chance for
survival. The chance for survival should increase, the more damage is
done to the titan.

Keep in mind, that only titans, can pin titans. This means that the
chance of an infantry/vehicle swarm, will be rare. Most players tend to
move thier titans last.

Thunderhawks, and other fast units, are not THAT big a problem. Without
being able to pin, Marines must move AFTER the titan does, to engage it.
Unless it's on first fire. In THAT case, the titan gets to shoot the
troops, before they can close assault, should the titan wish to.

Did I miss anything?

Stand by for my New Warprat's rules!

Warprat ;)