Re: Flavour stuff

From: Dave <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:58:33 -0000

Hi Weasel!

For the most part, I think these ideas are good. Of course, I have a
few comments. ;)

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Weasel Fierce" <septimus__at_h...> wrote:
> I had a few flavour things in mind for the space marines and IG
army lists:

> Space marine commander
> Give this chap a 5+ save. This would reflect his improved gear,
medipacks of
> his squad, energy fields and artificer armour (improved power
amrour in
> 40K3).

Where is the Space Marine Captain? Does he command the
Veteran/Terminator Company?

> Marine techmarines:
> Give them 5+ armour (or 6+ fixed) for the reasons above. They are
the most
> technically competent in a marine chapter, they are bound to have
some
> secrets. Also, if they havent already got it, give them a save
modifier.

Good idea.

> Chaplain:
> In 40K chaplains always had a rosarius which contained an energy
field. At
> least give them a fixed save i NetEpic.
>
> IG adeptus mechanicus
> 6+ save, or fixed if the techmarine gets it, for the reasons
mentioned
> above.

Good again.

> IG engineers
> I am pretty disappointed with these guys. Historically, engineers
get to use
> all manner of fancy stuff, stachel charges, funny grenades,
flamethrowers
> etc. In netepic they get bolt pistols....how fun
>
> I would definately make them elites.
> Also, consider some (by NO means all) of the following options:
> 1: Ignore cover (flamers)
> 2: Hit on 4+ (flamers and frag grenades)
> 3: -1 or even -2 hit modifier (satchels and varying explosive stuff)
> 4: To account for this stuff increase CAF to +1
> 5: Give a special +2or even +3 bonus to CAF when assaulting armour.

I like the flammer option, and increasing thier CAF by +1.

> Eldar guardians:
> Give them range 25 cm. This takes into account that they are some
of only
> infantry in the game that dont carry heavy weapons. Just shuriken
catapults
> and meltas / flamers.
> Also. let them hit on 4+ to take the lethality of their weapons
into
> account.

I have mixed feelings about this. While I like the idea of making
the Guardians more historicly accurate, I worry about what a change
like this would do to play ballance. Every army has a regular troops
that can shoot 50cm.

> Eldar with heavy weapons:
> Reduce their attacks to 1 (eldar dont blaze away, they use
precision fire),
> let them hit on 4+ and with a -2 save modifier (akin to the flacon
tanks
> weapon) This shows how the eldar fire highly accurate laser beams
> vapourise heavy targets, at the expense of the massive firepower
laid down
> by more "primitive" weapon squads

I've been advocating a change like this for some time. If Weasel and
I can agree on something, it MUST be good! ;) I WOULD like to see
them come in units of SIX, however. The -2 save is perhaps a bit
high, I kind of like it at -1. Would the range stay at 70cm.? I also
worry about how these units compare to Dark Reapers. Dark Reapers
and Heavy Guardians need to be made less alike.

> Eldar falcon:
> Give it a shuriken catapult (15 cm. hit on 6+) to represent its
front
> mounted shuriken weaponry and help put it on par with imperial
tanks.

Why not?

> Chaos marines:
> Give the world eaters of Khorne a +1 CAF, 5+ save to the death
guard,
> autopass morale rolls to the emperors children, and 4+ psychic save
(or
> immunity) to the thousand sons.

I don't know about this! Don't these guys already get a Chaos Reward
Card?

Pretty good ideas though! What does everybody else think?

Warprat ;)