RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Flavour stuff

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:27:17 +0300

[snip]
> What are the varius ranks within the marines?

I don't know the current system as I only have RT along with vehicle and
battle manual. But here goes my 2c:

Scout: they are not full battle brothes yet and are at the bottom.

> 1) Private ?
This would just be marine trooper

Then there is veteran trooper who would lead a half squad.

> 2) Corporal ?

I don't think there were corporals, veteran troopers are equivalent

> 3) Sergent ?

Leads a squad. Then there is veteran sergeant.

> 4) Lieutenant ?

Is the second in command of a company. The RT era marine armylist does not
have any platoon leaders; the whole organization is squad based.

> 5) Commander/Captain ?

Captain. He is commander of a company.

> 6) Lt. Commander ?

Lt. Commander is the second in command of the chapter master. He personally
commands the 1st company.

> 7) Chapter Master ?

The master of a whole chapter. He has the rank of Imperial Commander.

> Does a Sergent lead a Detachment?

A squad. Oddly enough marines do not seem to have platoon leaders unless the
veteran sergeants do this?

> What rank would a Librarian, Medic, Chaplain, etc.. have?

They are separate from normal ranking system.
The librarians have four ranks: Lexicanian, Codicier, Epistolary and Chief
Librarian.
Chaplains have four ranks: Initiate, company Chaplain, Reclusiarch and
Master of Sanctity who is the spiritual head of the Chapter.
Of medics there are field Medics and Master of apothacarion but I am not
sure if they have any ranks between those.

> Thanks,
>
> Warprat ;)

[snip]

Jyrki Saari