RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic what form will it take.?

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:12:45 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: EXT eivind borgeteien [mailto:eivind.borgeteien_at_...]
Sent: 12. May 2000 14:20
To: 'netepic_at_egroups.com'
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic what form will it take.?

In general, the market for boardgames and miniature games (real games!) have
decreased as the PC games have gotten better. It was not many years ago
that the hobby stores of Oslo was filled with simulationgames, now there are
only a few titles, stacked away in some dusty corner. I dont think anything
can compare to a good session of roleplaying, boardgaming, or an evening of
epic, but I guess I'm of a dying race.

JS: WOW! I thought I was the only one left of our race. ;) Situation is
much or less same in Finland: there is probably only one store left (in
Helsinki) which has a decent supply of boardgames.

GW had many games at the time, but has now gone back to core business and I
think the future of our game is very uncertian. If it ever comes back in
either form, we should concider usselves lucky, but I really hope they keep
the minis. Epic 40k didn't catch on, mainly because of the rules I think, so
they should change the rules, not the minis.

Yeah, but GW's thinking goes like this: hey, our last game didn't quite
catch on, where could the problem be....I know! let's make some new
superhero action figures for kids and do some new rules for them.

I would like to see some new units though, how about some powerfull undeads
for chaos?

Eivind

[SNIP]

Jyrki Saari