Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic what form will it take.?

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 14:02:52 -0400

I don't know why most of the list members seem to dislike Warmaster
but, for my part, I think it's, hands down, the best product GW
released since Epic 2nd edition.

-->I agree with Luca. There aren't any real problems with the rules that
I have found (except the command rule bug about Generals), and the system
flows rather well. It does so because there isn't the "technology gap"
in Warhammer that is in the 40K universe. So, it comes down to quality
of troops. It works, it's fun.

It's not a "realistic" wargame, all right, and it was never intended
to be. But it's simple, elegant, fun and besides, it places
deployment, movement and unit employment (aka "tactic") above
everything else. Gone are the days of Warhammer super-duper-cheese
Heroes/Monsters and combinatorics game type. Finally a GW game in
which he who has the most brain wins.

-->True too. Maneuvering and tactics are the key to Warmaster. It also
makes you think more about using your troops effectively, especially in
terms of support, and in terms of what is a specific unit good for?
Though I can jsut see a situation: Dwarf Slayers and empire Flagellants
chasing units around the board, never getting into combat..(you only get
VPs for them if they are still on the board at the end of the game.
Nothing if yoiu destroy them). Could be funny to watch...

Luca Lettieri

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell