Re: [NetEpic ML] A comment on Slann V.4.0

From: <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 11:38:50 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 11:00 AM
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] A comment on Slann V.4.0

> I disagree. If you can make a robot which fights as well as a human,
> why not mass produce them?

That's the whole point they don't fight as well, Spwanguard CAF +4, fixed
save of 5+, hit on a 4+ / ( 5+ with a -2 TSM ), Necron CAF +3, fixed save
5+ repair roll 6+ ( HHMM should the necron be given 2 saves I think not, yet
one more thing to fix now that I look at it just drop the repair roll down
to 5+ would also speed up game play ) Peter lets change this!!!, only one
weapon hits on 4+. Now, as King Edward of England once said, send in the
infantry arrows cost money the dead cost nothing. Necrons would cost alot,
plus would use up alot of resources to build mass armies of them. As for
your point what good is a bunch of robots if you must tax the hell out of
your pepole to build them, I'd rather eat and fight then starve and let some
robot fight for me.

 Why even risk human lives if a robot
> can do the fighting? The armies of the world would looove to get
> their
> hands on a fighting robot. The Slann would make enough Necrons so
> that fewer Slann would have to fight and lose their lives, after
> all, isnt
> that the purpose of the Necrons?

Well first part read above, second what good would a huge Necron froce be if
you had to strip your world of resorces to build it. No, they were created
to be the perfect race, not slaves to do the Slanns biddings.