Sisters of Battle List

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:17:33 +1000

Hi all!

I've been reading this whole thing on the Sisters of Battle list with much
interest. There have been some interesting suggestions going around as to
what the Sisters should have in the way of Armour and AT support. I've
thought long and hard on this and I think the whole discussion is getting
off track a bit. Suggestions of letting them use Superheavies and some of
the Artillery units is getting a bit much!

The Sisters are basically Claytons Marines (the Marines you field when you
don't have Marines). They have a lot of the same equipment and from the
40K lists I have seen of them they are a fast, hard-hitting army albeit not
as nasty as the Marines themselves. In this vein, their support gear
should probably be the same. The suggestion of Tarantulas, Thudd Guns and
Mole Mortars as light artillery support was excellent. The other
suggestions of using Predators, Razorbacks and Whirlwinds for them is great
too but the only way the Sisters would get Superheavies, IMHO, would be
when fighting along side the IG. Such units would slow down their swift
urban fighting style too much.

On the note of fast insertion, do they really need it? They strike me as
more of an Urban Incursion force than a Planetary Assault force. While the
Marines have to drop in from orbit to take a planet by surprise, the
Sisters are normally already there, defending the local temples and
striking as pockets of enemy forces.

But if people want a vehicle for fast insertion, I don't think the THawk is
appropriate. Why not make a new unit for them? Something along the lines
of a Helicopter rather than an Orbital Lander? GZG make a couple of very
nice VTOL troop carriers. Stats could look like:

Move: 35cm Save: 3+ CAF: 0 Weapons: Heavy Bolters Range: 25cm Dice: 4
To Hit: 5+ TSM: 0 Notes: Transport(2); Skimmer

Simple and more along the lines of a modern Blackhawk 'copter than an
Orbital Lander.

Just my $2Aus (our currency is so low at the moment).

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."