Re: On Imperial armies and original fluff

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:26:24 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Thomas Wildman" <tnrw00_at_p...> wrote:

> > So to summarize: I'm closed-minded because I failed to let your
> > arguments convince me?
> >
> > Shees.
>
> No. Because your only answer is "no, that's not possible". How do
you, or
> anyone, know what's possible?

First of all, the possible/impossible duality is the whole point of
the argument.

Second, anything which happens must have self-coeherency. The
situation as described by GW is not.

The Imperium as described is extremely unstable. It's subject to
massive internal and external pressures, and is unable to cope with
either of those, because is described as being BOTH socially and
militarly unefficient. This situation CAN happen , but it CANNOT last
for any length of time, much less 10000 years. I refuse to admit the
possibility for the very simple fact that this possibility is highly
unlogical. No, it's TOTALLY unlogical. It would take a whole galaxy
inhabited by MORONS for 10000 years to have any chance of actually
happening, and the chance would be extremely small even in such a
case.

Now, if you can succesfully argue and convince me of the contrary,
great. OTOH, if all you can do is to throw adjectives at me, well...

Peter, I'm waiting for you. I'm actually enjoying this A LOT :-)

Luca Lettieri