Re: [NetEpic ML] brief report on 12000 pts battle

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 08:29:05 +1000

>>The Ork are a lot of fun t play aren't they?
>
>yep, i like the savage image these guys have (loud music all over the
>battlefield, nobz shouting and kicking boyz, toasted squigs & fungus beer,
>etc.)

Very "Celtic" wouldn't you say?

>>That's a lot of Nobz Warbikes! I only have 3 detachments!
>
>well get some more
>from my point of view(played orks for the first time, you know) nobz warb.
>are the most useful units in an ork army

I'd like to, but seeing as I don't play much anymore, I can't justify the
cost of trying to get more out-of-production minis. Especially with the Oz
Dollar as pitiful as it currently is...

>>How on earth did the Pulsaz and Shokkz claim objectives unless you >started
>>on them? Both units can only shoot on First Fire!
>
>i started on them.... maybe "claim" is the wrong word?.....

Ah. I thought this must have been the case. Good use for them.

>OOOOPS!
>well,....what to say.....i'm going to apologize....(they really did
>a lot of damage).......and offer another battle(but less pts this time)
>but i really didn't knew about (or haven't read carefully enough....)

Very easy mistake to make. Have done it myself. Looked at the rules, seen
all the good bits and thought "WOW!" then failed to read the drawbacks.

>right - i know....
>but the nobz disembarked AND First Fired....

This is still fine according to the rules.

>yep, but the kult had a break point of 21 and so i didn't care...

Now THAT'S the attitude an Ork player needs!

>o.k. , but the imperator has got very impressive saving throws, and
>i wasn't sure about how to take it out (most likely i wouldn't have wasted
>one shot on it)

Well, either you make a concerted effort to kill it or you ignore it. The
earlier suggestions of the Ball round and then taking out the weapons is a
really good one, but you either plan to kill it or ignore it.

>not very different i think....
>he completely wasted his marines (especially the devastators - no LOS
>and First Fire...) the didn't move one cm in order to claim some
>territory...
>i play imperials myself and know what to do with transports....

Well, you were the player who was there. Offer your opponent some
suggestions to give a game that lasts more than one turn. Marines are a
very mobile force and to not move with them is a waste of their talents.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."