Re: [NetEpic ML] brief report on 12000 pts battle

From: Carsten Schuett <bonesucker69_at_...>
Date: Thu Jun 1 13:42:24 2000

>The Ork are a lot of fun t play aren't they?

yep, i like the savage image these guys have (loud music all over the
battlefield, nobz shouting and kicking boyz, toasted squigs & fungus beer,
etc.)

>That's a lot of Nobz Warbikes! I only have 3 detachments!

well get some more
from my point of view(played orks for the first time, you know) nobz warb.
are the most useful units in an ork army

>How on earth did the Pulsaz and Shokkz claim objectives unless you >started
>on them? Both units can only shoot on First Fire!

i started on them.... maybe "claim" is the wrong word?.....

>This is your BIG mistake. Each Pulsa battery can only fire ONE Pulsa
>Rokkit per turn. You can't fire all three at once!!! Check the >rules on
>them.

OOOOPS!
well,....what to say.....i'm going to apologize....(they really did
a lot of damage).......and offer another battle(but less pts this time)
but i really didn't knew about (or haven't read carefully enough....)

>This is fine. Command Units can Charge and First Fire! At my gaming >club
>we have a house rule of Command Units only being able to First >Fire if
>they moved no more than advance distance (if they move charge >distance,
>they can't fire) but the way to played the rule is >completely valid.

right - i know....
but the nobz disembarked AND First Fired....

> >he killed 10 units of my kult of speed with artillery
>See what I meant about the Kult taking the biggest losses?

yep, but the kult had a break point of 21 and so i didn't care...

>Your Shokks can only fire on First Fire orders you know!

that's what they did (...started on objective)

>Orks are a very mixed bag. Your big mistake was with the Pulsaz. >Pulsaz
>are good, but not THAT good! You can only shoot one Rokkit >per turn! Its
>a Golden Rule. And the Imperator isn't really all >that impressive. Its
>very dependant on the Plasma rolls and can >really suffer from a couple of
>low rolls. I'm more scared of a >Warlord Battlegroup than an Imperator.

o.k. , but the imperator has got very impressive saving throws, and
i wasn't sure about how to take it out (most likely i wouldn't have wasted
one shot on it)

>Had you played the Pulsaz right and fought with the Flyerz, the >outcome
>would have been very different I feel!

not very different i think....
he completely wasted his marines (especially the devastators - no LOS
and First Fire...) the didn't move one cm in order to claim some
territory...
i play imperials myself and know what to do with transports....

>Still, hope you enjoyed NetEpic!

definitely :)

carsten

(anyone got an emperator for sale or trade?)