RE: [NetEpic ML] PDF new version

From: eivind borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:29:49 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_... [mailto:jyrki.saari_at_...]
Sent: 13. juni 2000 13:44
To: netepic_at_egroups.com
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] PDF new version

-----Original Message-----
From: EXT eivind borgeteien [mailto:eivind.borgeteien_at_...]
Sent: 13. June 2000 13:47
To: 'netepic_at_egroups.com'

Hi!
This is a piece of good work, but I have some questions:

JS: Good, it is always nice to get feedback.

Why take away the bikes? Bikes has been in army-service on Earth since the
1930s with good results. I think we should keep them.

JS: The idea was that PDF should not have many specialized troops. However,
that is only my idea and if people feel the bikes should be there they can
be put back. What do others say?

The recon vehicle is a good idea, I have looked for a such thing for a while
now. Why not let them transport 1 inf stand? I've just seen the old movie
Delta Force where Chuck Norris & Co clings on to the outside and inside of
their Jeeps. (No bail-out rolls off course)

JS: Hmm, I like this. Maybe a recon platoon with 5 tac stands in addition to
the vehicles. How does this sound?

-->This sound great, but we have to keep it as a support card only, as the
PDF should be a relative slow moving force.

Although obsolete, I think the Mammoth should be allowed as a companycard
also. There should be a lot of "irregular" and obsolete equipment out there.

JS: The reason why it was restricted to support cards was the idea that PDF
has somewhat limited resources and therefore less vehicles. Personally I
love tanks and would not object if people want the Mammoth be available as a
company card. If even one speaks up you outnumber me 2-1 and I must make the
Mammoth available as a company card ;) BTW; I made a more modern heavy tank
for the IG for my personal use. I could post the stats if you like.

-->I would very much like to see it! The mammoth is a pretty hard hitting
tank, so I see your point. Lets keep it the way it is. The sabre wil fill
the roll perfectly, and if people doesn't have the sabre, it is lots of
other minis that can fit the stats.

The militia should also be a companycard. In Norway the Home Guard numbers
more than the regular army, and I think they would any other places also.

JS: If the Home Guard is what I think it is the members have had some
military training and participate in excercises regularly. The militia
represents an emergency draft at the last minute and they have not received
enough training to act as a company.

--> OK, bring on the forks and shovels! :-)

Eivind

Just my 2 NKR :-)

JS: Thank you for that.

Eivind