RE: [NetEpic ML] PDF new version

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:53:24 GMT

>Why take away the bikes? Bikes has been in army-service on Earth since the
>1930s with good results. I think we should keep them.

Well, no army on earth has units of bike troops trained to fight as they do
in NetEpic. I think the reasoning was that bikes require elite training to
use in fast assault fighting. Also, the bikes used in the imperium are
pretty big beasties that surely would require a skillfull driver

>The recon vehicle is a good idea, I have looked for a such thing for a
>while
>now. Why not let them transport 1 inf stand? I've just seen the old movie
>Delta Force where Chuck Norris & Co clings on to the outside and inside of
>their Jeeps. (No bail-out rolls off course)

Sounds like an OK idea. What do you think Jyrki??

>Although obsolete, I think the Mammoth should be allowed as a companycard
>also. There should be a lot of "irregular" and obsolete equipment out
>there.

Perhaps, though I think they would do their best to maintain companies of
leman russes. Alternatively, just exchange one leman russ detachment for a
mammoth.

>The militia should also be a companycard. In Norway the Home Guard numbers
>more than the regular army, and I think they would any other places also.

I agree. Otherwise, put a militia detachment in each tactical company in
place of a regular detachment.

You seem to have left out any rules detailing increased fortifications?????